During the wintertime, the Walla Walla tasting rooms in the area are festively decorated and extra cozy for the holiday season. There’s something magical about escaping the chilly weather by being warm and toasty inside with a great glass of wine. While winter weather in Walla Walla, on average, is very mild compared to other parts of the world, we often get a light dusting of snow in January and February. But this also translates to the slower season in Walla Walla, meaning fewer crowds to contend with at the local wineries.
As you begin to fill your itinerary with the best Walla Walla tasting rooms to visit, why not extend your stay, and book overnight accommodations? Our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast is the ideal space to make your home base on your next wine tasting adventure! Not only do we offer fantastic wine tours which take the guesswork out of where to go, but we also handle the transportation, so you can sit back and enjoy yourself.
Our luxurious guest suites offer the most romantic amenities and appointments to enrich your time in Walla Walla fully. Each room has high-end furnishings, lovely linens on uber-comfortable beds, and the en suite bathrooms are an absolute paradise. Head over to our winter availability calendar and book your stay today!
The Best Walla Walla Tasting Rooms for Winter
Walla Walla is home to more than 120 excellent wineries, many of which are consistently recognized for producing some of the best wines in the country. The Walla Walla AVA sits within the larger Columbia Valley AVA and has the second-highest concentration of vineyards; the neighboring Yakima Valley holds the first spot. Some argue that winter is the best time to visit if you’d like a more intimate experience at the local Walla Walla tasting rooms.
Here are five of the coziest Walla Walla tasting rooms to check out during the chillier months:
- Woodward Canyon Winery: The winemakers at Woodward Canyon have been producing old-world-style wines for more than 40 years in the Walla Walla Valley and beyond. Sip your wine in the tasting room located in a converted 1870 farmhouse, surrounded by pastoral fields with wildflowers, vineyards, and stunning gardens. This is one of the Walla Walla tasting rooms known for full-bodied Chardonnays and deeply tannic Cabernets.
- Long Shadows Winery: This ultra-modern Chihuly Tasting room set the stage for a wine tasting showcasing the brilliant work of nine acclaimed winemakers worldwide. Long Shadows Winery is often referred to as making some of the best wines in Washington. Pick from the Portfolio Tasting or the Inside Story, which includes a barrel room tour.
- L’Ecole No. 41: Located in a historic Frenchtown schoolhouse, L’Ecole is one of the most iconic Walla Walla wineries since 1983. As one of the most unique Walla Walla tasting rooms, you’ll sip these beautiful wines in a renovated classroom with fun original architectural details and chalkboards from the past school days.
- Waterbrook Winery: As a long-time stalwart in the wine-making community in Walla Walla, Waterbrook is a must-visit. Cozy up by the outdoor fireplace and drink everything from the big, bold reds to the delicately crisp whites. The property is known for its expansive garden grounds with a pond and beautiful Willow Trees. The on-site kitchen is a lovely stop for lunch!
- Charles Smith Wine and K Vintners: Head to this downtown Walla Walla tasting room in a converted auto-repair warehouse for a relaxed and cozy tasting! Charles Smith is well known in Washington for creating exceptional wines for Charles Smith Wines, Substance, K Vintners, and other iconic labels.
Beautiful Lodging for your Winter Getaway in Washington
Once here, you’ll have everything you need on-site to experience one of the most relaxing getaways to Washington State. From elegant dinners at The Vine Fine Dining with local ingredients and an extensive wine list to our Country Spa at the Mansion for massages and beauty treatments—some guests barely leave our property during their stay. Thankfully, for those who want to explore the nearby Walla Walla tasting rooms, our romantic bed and breakfast is within a 35-mile radius of more than 100 wineries.
Join us in Washington’s wine country this winter for a cozy retreat; book your next stay today!
Source: Cameo Heights