In a recent feature article on Washington wine country by Seattle Met magazine, they call out the incredible dining scene found at the local Walla Walla restaurants, naming it a “full-fledged dining destination.” More chefs from Seattle and other big cities are feeling the draw to this part of the state—in part to the successful wineries, local produce and fresh farm goods, and the sunshine.
We’ve been on the pulse of culinary trends at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast for years, and you’ll experience that on the menu of our on-site, fine dining restaurant, The Vine. You’ll find multi-coursed menus packed with local Northwest ingredients, some of which come directly from our very own garden. Our wine list is extensive, with bottles from the best Walla Walla wineries and from around the world. Additionally, one doesn’t have to be a guest of the Inn to enjoy this culinary journey!
As a guest at Cameo Heights, you’ll want to dine at The Vine Fine Dining at least once during your stay—though we often see our overnight guests eating here multiple times. And with such a fantastic selection of Walla Walla restaurants, you’ll want to head out and enjoy the downtown options. Before filling out your itinerary, head to our booking calendar and get your room reserved today!
The Best Walla Walla Restaurants for Romance
The majority of our guests at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast are joining us to celebrate an anniversary, birthday, special occasion, or with romance in mind. These Walla Walla restaurants are ideal for those looking to spend a special night out on the town with their partner:
- Kinglet: From the chef Maximillian Petty of the famed Seattle-based restaurant Eden Hill, head to the historic Whitehouse-Crawford for elegant canapes, share plates, and creative entrees with local ingredients.
- Passatempo Taverna: Known for impeccable rustic Italian fare in the form of hand-made pasta, fresh salads, and 12-inch fermented dough pizzas you’ll have a delectable meal at this Walla Walla standout.
- Saffron Mediterranean Kitchen: Head to the historical Bachtold Building on Main Street to enjoy these international delights, including flatbreads, house-made pasta, and flavorful main dishes.
- The Kitchen at Abeja: Recently, this award-winning winery opened a farm-to-table dining experience to rival any of the Walla Walla restaurants located downtown. It’s five to seven-course tasting menus here with spot-on wine pairings.
- The Marc Restaurant: This formal dining experience in the famous Marcus Whitman Hotel has long been one of the best Walla Walla restaurants for an elegant dinner for two. Don’t miss the cedar plank wild Columbia River salmon.
- TMACS: Classic craft cocktails, rustic new American fare, and personable service are the cornerstones at this local restaurant in Walla Walla. Visit for lunch or dinner.
Enjoy a lovely meal at our favorite Walla Walla Restaurant:
While The Vine Fine Dining restaurant is where you’ll take your breakfast each morning during your stay, in the evenings, the lights dim, the wine gets uncorked, and we offer our seven-course tasting menu. The vast options change frequently, but expect things like Tuscan white bean soup, shrimp and asparagus risotto, Wagyu tri-tip steak, and decadent desserts. As one of the best Walla Walla restaurants, you’ll experience knowledgeable and personal service with pretension. Be sure to book your dining reservations when upon check-in.
Elegant Lodging at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast
You might just feel like royalty when you book the opulent Greek Suite, all decorated in elegant purple hues and appointed with custom furnishings. This luxurious Suite offers a private entrance to the Mansion’s pool and hot tub and panoramic views of the stunning Walla Walla River Valley. This spacious Suite is our largest at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast and includes a romantic tufted sofa facing a 55″ TV with a soundbar above the cozy and authentic gas-burning fireplace.
Source: Cameo Heights