For those looking for an off-the-beaten-path getaway, there are many great things to do in Kennewick WA. Located on the southeast bank of the Columbia River, this charming mid-sized town is part of the Tri-Cities of Western Washington—the other two include Pasco and Richland. Our guests love the opportunity to stroll along the river, hit some lesser-known but fantastic wine tasting rooms, and explore the historical sights.
As we mentioned above, one of the best things to do in Kennewick WA is to taste some lovely Washington-grown wine. You’ll find a handful of tasting rooms on the main street in the downtown area, as well as a few just a short drive out to the vineyards. Read on for our suggestions of which wineries to visit in the Tri-Cities area.
While staying at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast, you’ll only be about 30 minutes drive from all of the things to do in Kennewick WA. Before you set out, don’t miss our gourmet breakfast served each morning at 9 am, with multi-courses including fruit and sweet and savory entree choices—there’s something for everyone! Once you’re fully caffeinated and fueled up, you’ll be ready to hit the road and explore the surrounding Walla Walla Valley. Get your reservations on the books today!
Day Trip: the Best Things to do in Kennewick WA
Thankfully, the nearby towns of the Tri-Cities are perfect for a day trip from our bed and breakfast in Walla Walla. Most of the favorite things to do in Kennewick WA are located in the downtown area, making it possible to park your car and set out on foot.
Here are the top six things to do in Kennewick WA on your next adventure:
- Wine Tasting: There are a few lovely wineries on the historic main street in Kennewick in the Columbia Gardens Complex. You’ll find Bartholomew Winery for tastings of unusual varietals like Tannat and Carmenere on their pretty back patio. Next up, head to the Gordon Estate Tasting Room and Monarcha for flights, and coming in June, the newest addition will be Muret-Gaston Winery.
- Dining Out: After you’ve tasted through these local wineries, there is a fun collection of food trucks at the Columbia Gardens collection. If you’d rather do a sit-down meal, head to Foodies Brick and Mortar or Twig’s Bistro and Martini Bar.
- D’s Wicked Cider: There are more than 20 taps pouring delicious ciders at this local taphouse. There’s a menu with snacks and sharable appetizers to pair with your crisp, bubbly pints of hard apple and fruity infusions.
- Columbia Park: One of the best things to do in Kennewick WA is to explore the Riverfront Parks, many of which have lovely walking trails, rolling green lawns, and river access for skipping rocks or dipping your toes in the water. Columbia Park encompasses more than 400 acres for picnics, hiking, and nature gazing.
- Memorials and Museums: Kennewick has a host of historical sights and points of interest. Stop by the Regional Veterans Memorial or the 9/11 World Trade Center Memorial for those hoping for a quiet moment of reflection. If you’re looking for a bit of history in the area, check out the Easton Benton County Historical Society and Museum.
- Sacagawea Heritage Trail Loop: This is a popular loop trail for hiking and biking in the Tri-Cites. All-in-all, if you follow the entire route, it’s about 23 miles of trail through wooded areas and riverfront with historical markers and information along the way.
Retreat to our Beautiful Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast
After a day exploring all of the best things to do in Kennewick WA, head on back to our Inn for the most relaxing evening in. Join us at The Vine Fine Dining for a spectacular multi-course meal with inventive dishes, seasonal ingredients, and one of the best wine lists in all of Walla Walla.
For those with romance in mind, our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast is the ideal location to nourish, rekindle or begin that special relationship with your partner. Our seven unique and tastefully appointed guest suites offer a quiet and comforting space for connecting. All rooms are designed with romantic locations from around the world in mind, from Spain to Dubai; these elegant suites are packed with high-end amenities, luxury comfort items, and extra perks for a perfect romantic getaway to Washington wine country. Book your next stay at Cameo Heights Mansion today!
Source: Cameo Heights