As you begin discovering the exquisite wines of Walla Walla, you’ll quickly find that there are some standouts—and one of which is the L’Ecole Winery. The Washington wines produced by this third-generation, family-owned winery are consistently ranked among some of the top wines in the country—including awards from Wine & Spirits, Decanter, and Food & Wine Magazine. The winemakers and growers at L’Ecole Winery are at the forefront of sustainability; both the Estate Ferguson and Estate Seven Hills Vineyards are certified sustainable and certified Salmon Safe.
You’ll find two locations for tasting the L’Ecole Winery portfolio in the area. While the downtown Walla Walla tasting room in the historic Marcus Whitman Hotel is cozy and a lovely setting for a glass of wine, you can’t beat a tasting out in the vineyard. The 1915 Schoolhouse is one of the most distinctive tasting rooms, with callbacks to the building’s previous use. The original chalkboards, light fixtures, fir floors, and moldings remain in the classroom turned wine tasting bar. Thankfully, the L’Ecole Winery Schoolhouse is right on the way from our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast into the historic downtown area.
Cameo Heights Mansion is truly one of the best places to stay in Walla Walla—we’re set out away from the hustle and bustle of the downtown area but close enough to enjoy it on a quick day trip. And there are more than 100 Walla Walla wineries within a 30-mile radius of our Inn. With so many wineries to choose from, we’re also more than happy to help you parse through your options and even have fantastic guided wine touring options available to our guests. Head over to the reservation calendar and book your room today!
L’Ecole Winery & More Fantastic Walla Walla Wineries
As you head out on your wine tasting adventure in Walla Walla, there’s a great selection of wineries nearby our Inn, including L’Ecole Winery and many more! If you’re going on a self-guided tour, below is a list of some of our favorite Walla Walla wineries not to miss.
- L’Ecole Winery: Head to the historic Schoolhouse tasting room at this award-winning winery. Perhaps the best-known wines from L’Ecole Winery are the red blends of the Vineyard Collection. These wines are highly regarded and get even better with age. Collectors from all over the world covet the single-vineyard Bourdeaux blends.
- Amavi Cellars: Find a comfy chair on the deck at this winery in the Blue Mountains. It’s the perfect place to drink local Cabernet, eat charcuterie and cheese, and enjoy the glorious view.
- Northstar Winery: You’ll find indoor and outdoor seating options at this Walla Walla winery. The rustic lodge space is excellent for trying one of their wine and food pairings. And they’re known for their fun immersive bottle-blending experiences!
- Tranche: This is one of the Walla Walla wineries with a truly spectacular site in the Blue Mountains for a summer wine tasting. You might catch some live music out on the beautiful garden grounds if you’re lucky.
- Woodward Canyon: This winery was the second to open in the Walla Walla Valley, and it’s right next door to L’Ecole Winery. Pack a picnic to enjoy on the grounds of this beautiful estate and winery. Don’t miss the “Woodward’s Finest” wine tasting, with a selection of their reserve-label wines.
- Reininger Winery: As a stalwart Walla Walla winery, Chuck Reininger has been at the forefront of Cabernet production for decades. If you opt for the VIP tasting, you’ll likely taste a few wines that are often sold out.
- Long Shadows: At the Walla Walla tasting room, you’ll be surrounded by Chihuly-blown glass art and views of the sweeping vineyards and the Blue Mountains.
- Waterbrook Winery: This is one of the most impressive tasting rooms near our Inn. About 20 minutes down the road, you’ll find panoramic views overlooking ponds and the Blue Mountains. Grab a spot on the patio, have a glass of Cabernet, and have lunch at the on-site restaurant.
- Foundry Vineyards: Located in downtown Walla Walla, the sculpture garden filled with works from contemporary artists is best perused with a glass of wine. They make Bordeaux-style wines, as well as Rhone varietals and all-natural sparkling wines.
- Browne Family Vineyards: Head to the downtown historic district for lovely wine tastings this summer on the back outdoor patio space. It’s an excellent spot to enjoy this charming neighborhood and relax.
We’re always more than happy to make reservations for you at the spectacular L’Ecole Winery or other Walla Walla wineries during your stay.
The Most Luxurious Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast
We have seven internationally-themed suites at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast. The Spanish Suite (pictured above) has beautiful orchard views and direct access to our private pool and hot tub area through French doors. As our largest suite—you’ll relish this spacious room with elegant, clean lines, a muted color palate, and a big, cozy four-poster bed. It has heated floors, a luxurious Toto electric bidet toilet seat, double-sink rustic vanity, a three-way facing fireplace, and a 55″ TV on a telescoping arm. The en suite bath is an oasis with an air-jetted double tub and more.
All of our suites at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast have some combination of these above amenities, and they all whisk you away to another place in the world, designed for your utmost relaxation and rejuvenation. Any of our guest rooms are a welcome reprieve after a day exploring the nearby Walla Walla wineries like L’Ecole Winery and many more. Be sure to look into our wine tour packages that include transportation, which makes wine tasting through Walla Walla a breeze.
As a guest at our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast, we’ll treat you to a beautiful gourmet breakfast prepared and served in our elegant on-site restaurant, The Vine Fine Dining. You’ll want to make dinner reservations during your stay as well for our seven-course tasting menu with seasonal ingredients, creative recipes, and an impressive Washington wine list. Check out our upcoming availability and book your room today!
Source: Cameo Heights