There’s something very special about tasting wine outside in the beautiful fresh air. These Walla Walla wineries offer just that: lovely patio spaces overlooking the valley or even wine tastings among the vines. You can’t get much closer to understanding the process than seeing the fruit, hearing the wine makers stories, and getting a taste of the product fresh from the barrel or aged to perfection.
We’re lucky in this part of the state for our warm summers, helping to ripen the grapes, all leading to harvest in the fall. There are so many Walla Walla wineries to choose from, and many have outdoor spaces for guests to enjoy, but we thought we could narrow your search down to our top eight not to miss. Spending a day touring these Walla Walla wineries is such a treat and really adds a special element to your vacation.
Our Walla Walla Bed and Breakfast is an ideal location for a wine tasting excursion. We even offer wine tours with transportation and hand selected itineraries to your liking. Want to hit all of the best Walla Walla wineries offering outdoor wine tastings? You got it. Our luxury limo service takes you door to door from our suite to the vineyards, which takes all the guesswork out of the how to get around.
Walla Walla Wineries Offering Outdoor Tastings
Sitting outside in a comfy chair with the cool breeze coming off the valley with a glass of wine in hand is one of life’s little luxuries. There are 120 Walla Walla wineries in the area, 40 of those have tasting rooms in downtown Walla Walla, while the rest are spread out on the Southside/Oregon, Eastside, Westside, and Airport Districts. The majority of these Walla Walla wineries offer amazing tasting experiences, many al fresco.
Here are eight Walla Walla wineries to visit for a lovely outdoor wine tasting:
- Foundry Vineyards: Located in downtown Walla Walla, you’ll find an outdoor patio adorned in sparkling lights and a sculpture garden filled with a collection from contemporary artists. Enjoy Bordeaux-style wines, as well as Rhone varietals and all natural sparkling wines.
- Browne Family Vineyards: Find this choice of Walla Walla wineries in the downtown historic district for lovely wine tastings on the back outdoor patio space. It’s a great spot for people watching and enjoying local vino.
- Woodward Canyon: Bring your own picnic to indulge in on the grounds of this beautiful estate and winery. The newest tasting flight to the line up is “Woodward’s Finest” where you sample some of the best of the best.
- Reininger: This is one of the Walla Walla wineries that you won’t want to miss. The beautiful grounds have ample space for outdoor tastings or picnics.
- L’Ecole No 41: This historic 1915 Schoolhouse serves at the tasting room for this award-winning Walla Walla winery. They offer indoor and outdoor wine tastings of their big, bold reds and elegant whites.
- Amavi Cellars: Find a comfy chair out on the deck at this winery in the Blue Mountains. It’s the perfect place to drink local Cabernet, eat charcuterie and cheese, and take in the glorious view.
- Northstar Winery: You’ll find indoor and outdoor seating options at this choice of the Walla Walla wineries. The rustic lodge space is a great spot to try one of their wine and food pairings.
- Tranche: This is one of the Walla Walla wineries with a truly spectacular site in the Blue Mountains for an outdoor wine tasting. The vineyards rise above the tasting room surrounded by a massive, rolling green lawn. If you’re lucky, you might catch some live music out on the grounds.
5-Star Luxury Lodging at Our Walla Walla Inn
Exploring all of the Walla Walla wineries can’t happen on just one trip to this region, that’s why we have so many return guests year after year. We’d like to think it’s also due to our warm hospitality, elegant guest suites, and extra special amenities that make your stay as amazing as possible. Our stunning Walla Walla mansion is really the best location for an adventure on the Walla Walla wineries trail.
Speaking of amenities, we always like to point out some of our favorite perks, like our heated outdoor pool and hot tub, library and theater room, 5-star fine dining restaurant The Vine, and fire pit. One thing that you’ll never experience at a big box hotel is our complimentary wake-up breakfast tray delivered straight to your suite. It’s the little touches that make a big differences for a getaway to Walla Walla. Start planning your Walla Walla wineries tour and book your room with us!
Source: Cameo Heights